Monday, May 21, 2012

The Vincent Brothers June 5, 2012


A new exclusive excerpt from The Vincent Brothers 
       Before I reached the door, Sawyer walked inside. His eyes seemed a little glassy and his normally perfectly styled hair was messy. I stopped and watched him as he scanned the room until his eyes found me and stopped. A slow grin spread across his lips and he sauntered toward me. Or was he st
aggering a little? 
       “Hey Lana, what you doin’ all alone?” 
       I swallowed the nervous knot in my throat as he stood so close my arm was touching his. “Uh, well, Ash and Beau went,” I pointed toward the stairs unable to tell him what they’d gone to do. 
       His amused smile became an angry snarl as he shifted his focus to the steps leading upstairs like they were repugnant. Great, I’d got him all worked up over Beau and Ashton, again. 
       A warm hand closed around my hand and I squeaked in surprise. Sawyer chuckled and slipped his fingers between mine, “Come on sweet little Lana. You can come entertain me since you’ve been stranded. Besides, I’ve been looking at those sexy legs of yours all night. You make them shorts look real good.”
        I gaped at him as he pulled me over to an empty couch. Had Sawyer just said my legs were sexy? I didn’t have time to think about his statement before he was pulling me  down to sit in his lap. 
       He buried his face in my hair and inhaled loudly, “Damn you smell good,” he murmured. One of his hands slipped around my waist and his hand spread out across the front of my bare stomach while he wrapped a lock of my hair around his finger with his other hand. 
By Abbi Glines

No comments: